The Community Hebrew School of Bergen County, along with the Jewish Community Center of Paramus/Congregation Beth Tikvah and Fair Lawn Jewish Center/Congregation B’nai Israel, is committed to protecting the health, welfare and safety of all of our students, staff and families.
Everyone is required to follow the guidelines of the CDC, local and state health organizations and our health-related procedures while on each synagogue’s property. These guidelines are mandatory and subject to change at any time.
Parents must sign waivers on behalf of themselves and their children. They are available on this website. A copy of your vaccine card (parents and vaccinated children) must be provided to Marcia Kagedan, Educational Director.
Social distancing . . .
- In common areas of each building, floors will be marked with correct social distancing
- Desks will be socially distanced and we will avoid close contact gatherings such as floor activities
- Classes with larger number of students will be assigned to the larger rooms
- Only 1 person will be able to use the bathroom at a time
Stay home . . .
- If a student or anyone in their household has been exposed to someone with COVID in the last 14 days
- If sick, regardless of the symptoms (COVID or non-COVID related)
Upon arrival . . .
- No one will not be allowed to enter either building without a mask.
- One will be provided if you do not have.
- Masks must be worn inside the building at all times!!!
Cooperation in adhering to the following requests . . .
- No loitering in lobby/building.
- Explicit pickup/drop-off procedures to be followed.
- Drop off/Pick up will be done from main door of each respective synagogue. Cars will line up in synagogue parking lot as directed and students will either enter or leave building by carpool. On arrival, they will be greeted at the car by an adult. At the end of the school day they will be accompanied to their car by an adult.
- Students should have a dedicated Hebrew School bag with their phone, own tissues, and supplies that our educational director and student grade-level teacher deems appropriate.
- Snacks will be provided in individual packages. There will be no sharing of food or drinks. No food is to be brought into the synagogue from home. Snacks will be eaten outside!
- Avoid communal school supplies
Additional safety measures . . .
- Whenever possible, classroom windows will be opened (pending on weather conditions), for increased air flow
- HEPA filters have been installed where possible
- Field trips will be scheduled only when they can be done under social distancing guidelines
- Quiet talking employed in classrooms
- No singing at the present time
- Communication of known positive cases within our community as soon as possible, keeping personal information private
High standards for cleaning and sanitizing . . .
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- We will clean and sanitize the classrooms and other student areas before every class.
- Frequent reminders to wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer when student first arrives and before snack at a minimum
- Education and training of staff regarding cleanliness and protocols
You may not enter the synagogue if you meet any of these conditions:
- COVID-19 OR EXPOSURE TO SOMEONE WITH COVID-19 IN THE LAST 14 DAYS
- COUGH, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING
- SORE THROAT, CONGESTION OR RUNNY NOSE
- CHILLS, NAUSEA, VOMITING OR DIARRHEA
- FATIGUE, HEADACHES OR MUSCLE PAIN
Remember – we are all in this together. Let’s help stop the spread of COVID-19