The Community Hebrew School of Bergen County, along with the Jewish Community Center of Paramus/Congregation Beth Tikvah and Fair Lawn Jewish Center/Congregation B’nai Israel, is committed to protecting the health, welfare and safety of all of our students, staff and families.
Everyone is required to follow the guidelines of the CDC, local and state health organizations and our health-related procedures while on each synagogue’s property. These guidelines are subject to change at any time.
A copy of your vaccine card (parents and vaccinated children) should be provided to Marcia Kagedan, Educational Director.
Stay home . . .
- If a student or anyone in their household has been exposed to someone with COVID in the last 5 days
- If sick, regardless of the symptoms (COVID or non-COVID related)
Upon arrival . . .
- Please bring a mask, but it is optional once the children are in the classroom.
Cooperation in adhering to the following requests . . .
- Pickup/drop-off procedures to be followed.
- Drop off/Pick up will be done from main door of each respective synagogue. Cars will line up in synagogue parking lot as directed and students will either enter or leave building by carpool. On arrival, they will be greeted at the car by an adult. At the end of the school day they will be accompanied to their car by an adult.
- Students should have a dedicated Hebrew School bag with their phone, own tissues, and supplies that our educational director and student grade-level teacher deems appropriate.
- Snacks will be provided in individual packages. There will be no sharing of food or drinks. No food is to be brought into the synagogue from home. Snacks will be eaten outside as weather permits!
Additional safety measures . . .
- Whenever possible, classroom windows will be open for increased air flow
- HEPA filters have been installed where possible
- Field trips will be scheduled following COVID protocol
- Communication of known positive cases within our community, keeping personal information private
High standards for cleaning and sanitizing . . .
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- We will clean and sanitize the classrooms and other student areas before every class.
- Education and training of staff regarding cleanliness and protocols
Please do not come to school if any of these conditions are present:
- COVID-19 OR EXPOSURE TO SOMEONE WITH COVID-19 IN THE LAST 5 DAYS
- COUGH, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING
- SORE THROAT, CONGESTION OR RUNNY NOSE
- CHILLS, NAUSEA, VOMITING OR DIARRHEA
Remember – we are all in this together. Let’s help stop the spread of COVID-19